Honor 4x is a budget midrange phone made by the Chinese smartphone manufacturer Huawei. With a Snapdragon 410 under the hood supported by 2 GB Ram, it touts an impressive 5.5-inch 720p screen. It is currently running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat, with Lollipop update set to come in a few months. The biggest drawback of this phone is its UI, exploding with bloatware in Chinese and even worst is that it doesn’t have Google Play Store and all the other useful Google Apps pre-installed in it like all other Android devices.
In case you are wondering Honor 4x doesn’t have Google Play Services at all, you are wrong. An older version of Google Play Services is present in this phone, if you go through the Apps in Application manager. Here is How you can Install Google Play Store on Huawei Honor 4x.
1. Open the native browser and Go to this LINK. An installation file download will Start.
2. Once the File is downloaded, install it. [If a pop up appears warning of installation from ‘Unknown Sources’, tap Unblock.
3. Once Google Play Store is installed, Sign in using your Google account and Download all the useful Apps of Google.
- Google Maps
- Google Search [Important]
- Google Messenger
- Google Chrome
EXTRAS – If you don’t like the Huawei Skin and tons of bloatware, you can do the following
- Disable Bloatware Apps: Tap and Hold the Bloatware App and drag it to App Info. Once App Info appears, Tap Disable.
- Install a Launcher: Download Any Launcher from Google Play Store and Install it. Do not Open it just Now. Restart your phone and Go To Settings>Mange Apps>Default App Settings. Tap Launcher and select the Launcher you Installed. Now hit the Home Button and your Launcher Appears, vastly improving your User Experience.
Stay Tuned for More Tips & Tricks @ The Gadget Code